Education in Tanzania suffers from many issues related to poverty and lack of funding (read facts about education in Tanzania). The Desk and Chair Foundation strives to improve the situation by sponsoring many students in Tanzania, mainly in centres in Dar-Es-Salam and Mwanza. Among our initiatives are:
- Educational Support for Six Students
- TDCF is continuing to support six students through their secondary education by paying their yearly school fees.
- Leeds Baab-ul-ilm Library
- Sponsored 50 students at Mirango
- sponsored 50 students at Sengerema Technical School.
Sponsoring Children at government approved Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA)
- No capital investment for school required
- No capital investment for equipment needed
- Approved VETA colleges provide Wide ranging courses and has Qualified teachers
- Sponsors children who have failed Standard 7 or secondary school
- Sponsor street children
TDCF has up to now sponsored lots of students to continue their education. The fees paid are equivalent to approximately £4.000:00. If you want to help, please contact us. Thank you.