On Monday 1st October 2012, TDCF donated 348 three seater desks were handed over to 9 Primary schoolsof four different regions including Mwanza region.
The nine schools that benefited from this donation were:
- Igombe Primary school – 70 desks – Mwanza region
- Mbugani Primary School – 50 desks – Mwanza region
- Manubi Primary School – 48 desks – Kibara village Mara region
- Nshamba Nursery school – 30 desks – Kagera region
- Kisesa Kona nursery school – 20 desks – Mwanza region
- Songambele Primary school – 50 desks – Mwanza region
- Kauthar Primary school – 20 desks – Mwanza region
- FTM Primary school – 50 desks – Geita region
- Juqusuta School – 10 desks – Mwanza region
The funds were raised by participation of TDCF trustees and other well wisher in the annual event of BUPA GREAT MANCHESTER RUN 2012 that is held every year on 25th May in England.This years event fetched 300 desks.
26 desks were donated in the loving memory of Late G.B.Damji (ex Mwanza resident)
10 desks were donated in the loving memory of late Anverali Sherali (ex Mwanza Resident)
8 Desks were donated by Mst Aksharan Thirumaran,a 9 year boy raised funds by participating in BUPA RUN 2011
4 desks were donated by CAN AID AFRICA for Jamil Yusuf Datoo.
The handing over ceremony was graced by Hon.Bhiku Kotecha the councillor of Nyamagana Ward as Guest of Honour. All 9 school committee members and other invited dignitaries attended this programme.
After every one desk handed over, 3 tree siblings were also given to schools to plant in their compounds in order to compensate or replace the wood that has been used for making the desks.
During this programme two tricycles were also handed over to two physically challenged people.These tricycles were generously donated by Women’s group of Dua e nudba of Toronto Canada.
The guest of honour on behalf of the Government thanked all donors for their help especially the desks and toiletsin the schools which is at present a National disaster in Tanzania.
The Desk and Chair Foundation sincerely conveys thanks to all donors and well wisher for their continued supportin their projects of supporting the less fortunate ones